The Méridien Etoile Hotel in Paris will host a gathering of great importance for Niger on Wednesday 13 and Thursday 14 December. Carried out voluntarily and rigorously by the President of the Republic of Niger, HE Mr. Mahamadou Issoufou, the “Niger Renaissant” conference aims to be the starting point of a new economic and social policy, focused on strategic investments, oriented towards public-private partnerships and guided by performance-based governance and improvement of people’s livelihoods.
Wednesday 13: Round Table of Donors with a Presentation of the Economic and Social Development Plan 2017-2021
On Wednesday, December 13 the Economic and Social Development Plan (PDES 2017-2021) as well as major structuring projects will be presented to donors and technical partners. Wednesday’s various panels will aim to present this ambitious plan with pedagogy, clarity and exhaustiveness. Its 6 key axes are cultural revival, social development, demographic transition, accelerating economic growth, improved governance, peace and security, and sustainable environment management. Presentations will be made by members of the Nigerian government as well as the main directors of public agencies in charge of the Plan’s implementation in an effort to mobilize the development partners’ financial resources.
This day will be enhanced by the fraternal presence of several counterparts of President Issoufou Mahamadou:
- HE Mr. Alpha Conde, President of the Republic of Guinea, Current Chairperson of the AU
- HE Mr. Idriss Deby Itno, President of the Republic of Chad;
- HE Mohamed Ould Abdel Aziz, President of the Islamic Republic of Mauritania;
- HE Mr. Ibrahim Boubacar Keïta, President of the Republic of Mali;
- HE Mr. Roch Marc Christian Kaboré, President of the Republic of Burkina Faso.
Prominent senior representatives of international institutions have also confirmed their presence to accompany the Niger Renaissance:
- Makhtar Diop, Vice President Africa Region of the World Bank, Co-Organizer;
- Abdoulaye Mar Dieye, UNDP Regional Director for Africa, Co-Organizer;
- Mr. Romain Schneider, Minister of Cooperation and Humanitarian Action, Luxembourg;
- Mr. Moussa Faki Mahamat, President of the Commission of the African Union;
- Ms. Michaelle Jean, Secretary General of the Organization of La Francophonie;
- Dr. Bandar Al Hajjar, President of the IDB;
- Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank;
- Mr Neven MIMICA, Development Commissioner, European Union;
- David Owen, Deputy Director, IMF Africa Department.
Investing in Niger: The Private Sector, Cornerstone of the New Economic Dynamics of Niger
December 14 will be dedicated to the Investor Forum and the presentation of the multiple business opportunities in Niger in sectors with high profitability: mining, energy, infrastructure, agro-industry, etc. This day will offer more than 300 international investors the opportunity to meet the SMEs-SMIs, industries, entrepreneurs of Niger present in Paris, looking for synergies to boost the competitive and strong private sector of Niger.
The full program of both days is available at: www.NigerRenaissant.org/en/program